Notes for this teaching are below the video…
Gal 3:13: Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us
- We as the body of Christ… as Believers… haven’t gone far enough in our understanding of IT IS FINISHED!
we haven’t understood the FULLNESS of His FINISHED work and what that means for us — WHOLENESS in every area of our lives, FILLED with ALL of the FULLNESS of the Godhead and EMPOWERED to live in the realm of SPIRIT
ALL of that NOW in this earthly life!
- Galatians 3:13 does NOT say Christ has redeemed us from the curses (plural) having
borne the curses on His body on the cross
it said Christ has redeemed us from The Curse having become The Curse
- Christ becoming The Curse means He became ALL of Death – just like He became ALL of Sin — He became ALL of Death so that ALL of Life could become your condition
He became ALL of Sin – we became ALL of Righteousness
He became ALL Death – we became ALL Life… we became ALL Blessed
He redeemed us from a condition — not from things
He redeemed us from The Curse — He did NOT redeem us from sickness, disease, lack etc.
- And because He redeemed us from the CAUSE (The Curse) there are NO curses that remained… NO SICKNESS, NO DISEASE, NO LACK, NO FEAR, ETC.
- Our condition now is LIFE! BLESSING! RIGHTEOUSNESS!
This is the condition of our existence whether we know it or not and whether we believe it or not
Our believing it allows us to experience what HAS BEEN true
- You’re not blessed because you get things — you’re blessed because you have The Life
Blessed is simply who you ARE in Christ
- And so you live in this place called The Blessing — this spiritual condition called Life
they’re synonymous Life – Blessing – Righteousness!
- Paul calls this place NEWNESS OF LIFE — and there is NO SICKNESS, NO DISEASE, NO LACK, NO FEAR, ETC.
II. One Root – 2 Trees
Matt 3:10: And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
- This isn’t talking about people who aren’t bearing good fruit
people aren’t cut down — completely removed; severed; and thrown into the fire
it’s not talking about God destroying some people who don’t have the right fruits in their lives
that kind of thinking produce’s fear in people – which is itself not good fruit!
- It says the axe is about to be laid to the root (singular) of the trees (plural)
I like that the word “laid” has as its root meaning “to be outstretched” COMPLETELY defeating two “trees” which had nothing but bad fruit!!
Jesus did that — He was outstretched on that cross
- This is talking about Jesus going right to the root… right to the source
- And that source is not your bad behavior!
God is not nearly as upset about your misbehaviors as you think He is and as you’ve been taught He is
there aren’t any of man’s behaviors that have ever thrown God for a loop
He didn’t seem to be too terribly put out when Cain killed Abel!
He decided to go talk to Cain and then He decided to protect Cain so that other people wouldn’t take vengeance on Cain
it’s amazing how God really IS and how we’ve presented Him to be
So, the trees he’s referring to here are Sin and Death
Notice it says and even now the axe is laid to the root (singular) of the trees (plural)
what do we know — we know that Sin is the real root
Romans 5:12 the sin entered the world through one man and then the death through the sin
- So in other words death is one of those sucker trees that grow out of the root and grows from the root of the original true
and if it’s not pruned off it becomes a second tree
and that’s exactly what happened The Sin sprung up and Death grew right out of that root into a second tree
Jesus came to put the axe to the single root of those 2 trees
- Notice also every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire
the trees were thrown into the fire…. and along with it the fruit of those trees
fruit cannot survive without the tree
but we’ve resurrected the fruits in our thinking
- Remember all those dead Egyptians on the seashore — they were a type of the fruit of Death
they were all dead on the seashore
and we were supposed to understand that that was all of the effects of Death which came through Sin the condition — ALL dead on the seashore
that would be things like – sickness, disease, poverty, lack, fear, etc.
- But in the body of Christ we’ve given them artificial respiration – we’ve revived them in our minds
revived those sicknesses and diseases that we were familiar with in Egypt (Sin – the condition)
BUT they were ALL dead on the seashore — they were ALL thrown into the fire along with the trees!
We’ve tolerated sickness and disease in our lives instead of living by the truth of what God says
we allow our experiences to determine what we believe
we allow what the media says to determine what we believe
and we allow what other people believe or what they say to determine what we believe
we’re getting older so sickness and disease is inevitable in our lives
it’s part of our natural DNA – momma had it, grandma had it… so we have it
the foods we eat, the things we drink, the air we breathe, and on and on and on
- NO — ALL sickness and disease was dead on the seashore
it can only live by my breath — by me speaking expectation and through belief
that’s the ONLY way it can live in my life anymore
The effects of death (sickness, disease, lack, fear, etc) are not of biological (natural) origin… it is spiritual – connected to sin
Deut 7:15: “The LORD will remove from you all sickness; and He will not put on you any of the harmful diseases of Egypt which you have known…..
Egypt is a type of SIN – the condition
Heb 9:26: ….He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
Greek says “the sin” speaking of the condition NOT behaviors we call sin
put away — cancelled; rendered no longer in effect!
- There is only the condition of righteousness now
Romans 5:18: So, then, as through one offence to all men it is to condemnation, so also through one declaration of ‘Righteous’ it is to all men to justification of life;
ONE declaration — Righteous!! ALL men justified!
justified – means pronounced righteous!
ALL mankind’s condition now is Abundant Life! Righteousness! Blessed!
- It’s the same situation here in Matt 3:10 — the fruit of the trees were thrown into the fire with the trees
so if the trees are cut off at the root then there no longer remains a source to produce the bad fruits of sickness, disease, poverty, fear, addiction, etc.